12.02.2012

aloha happy happy thanksgiving!


Dear family,
My companion/best friend, Sister Stevenson, left for America about three hours ago and I feel like my right arm is missing.  It's a very weird feeling being together for 24 hours straight for 3 months and then cold turkey.  Everyone look out for Sister Natalie Stevenson!  She's going to BYU Provo in January. I had the time of my life with her.   I felt like Momi was leaving for college all over again.  We were just walking down the street to the mission home pulling her luggage just crying. Kind of funny.
 Sister Stevenson always says that God always gives us a jacket a size to big so we can grow into it.  And when we grow and get too comfortable and snug wearing that jacket, he hands us a new one to grow into.  My new companion is Sister Stankosky.  She is from Ohio and she's pretty new too.  In fact she just got here about two months ago, but her Japanese is awesome.  I'm excited to work with her and grow to love her too. 
This week was the best!  Our friend Shu Shu was baptized on Sunday and she looked like an angel.  Just so so happy.  She was from Shibuya, another area transferring into our ward.  She said when she met the missionaries, Sister Nishihara,  she just felt so loved and watched over.  I know the best missionaries are just people who are good at showing love and concern for others. 
This past week we had district meeting and our zone leaders asked us to think about this question, "what have you received from Christ?"
So many missionaries had different answers which were all great.  But one thing that he has given me is Hope. Hope in better days, and in all things but mostly Hope that I can change.  He lets me improve and promises me I'm not bound to my mistakes or the past, so in that way he frees me. 
I read this scripture this week in Mosiah 27:24-26 and I love it!
"I have been redeemed of the Lord and I am born of the Spirit...all nations,kindreds tongues and people must be born again, yea born of God.  Changed from their carnal and fallen state to a state of righteousness being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters".
I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and that through him I can become like him!  it's the best!  I am so excited for Christmas and to turn my thoughts even more to him and his special life.  There is always more we can give, or something, some commandment we can keep better to stay closer to him.  I feel so safe in the gospel.  The world is such a crazy place, I know that as long as we follow Jesus Christ we will be safe. 
I have the best job in the world.  I was thinking how these people deserve the best because they are the best!  So I feel motivated to try harder for them.  I know I'm supposed to be a missionary right now at this time.  Things I never even realized mattered.  I see Heavenly Father strengthening me.  Just like he's coming in and tightening all my loose screws up.  It means so much to me that he places such importance on my life and each life. 
We met with You-chan and her daughter Ayana-chan this week.  She is from my old area Kichijoji but she always wants to call and check up on me. It's so nice. It might be comforting to know that even though I will be away for Christmas this year, I feel like I really do have family here.  I love working in Japan and with all the missionaries.  They are all such great examples to me. 
Well I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Stay safe and play in the snow if you have a chance! 
I'm so grateful to know that Jesus Christ died for all of us because he loves us that much.  Because I know I can do all things! 
I LOVE YOU all!
Hugs and kisses
marni





No comments: