5.06.2009

Justin's Bday and Oravwa to momi and family





I love my friends so much. We celebrated our Friend Justin's Birthday starting at midnight. Two nights in a row. He claims he "forgot". Really maybe no one wants to get older though. Though there was only a few of us I felt so much love in the room.
SarahBeth and I worked tirelessly making a 4 tier cake in the shape of a guitar. It took a little longer than we planned but it was very fun!
Note the amateur sketch nearby.
I loved Justins surprised face when he came in the door : ) I loved a comment that was made that Justin is a "constant at BYU Hawaii". There was also a heartfelt speech by Miles that was so great it cannot be written.



Spring time is beautiful! But I dread this time of year for only one reason. I have to part ways with the ones I love dearly- my family. But I know well enough by now that there are no Goodbyes just see you laters.



Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ~Tryon Edwards
Here are some pictures from our last day together. I miss you guys!

Sol is getting so big. Though I love watching him grow, it makes sad kind of in a selfish way that he is getting so capable. When he first learned to walk, Momi and Seth called me immediately. I rushed home from school and saw that not only did he take a step he was going in for the TRIPLE STEP. Very impressed. Very advanced.


Time doesn't freeze just like the ocean never ceases.

Sometimes when I'm writing in my journal about my day I want to dive deep into the black ink through the page and come out the other side of my notebook on the other.

I wonder now that if at some future time I will be standing with my arms positioned in a dive my toes pointed in such a way trying to be where I am right now.

Since time travel isnt invented yet, I guess that is kind of what pictures are for.





I love this picture. I feel like it captures sol chan.

I'm youth, I'm joy, I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg.

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~John W. Whitehead, The Stealing of America,





I dont know why but my face always does weird things when I get around sol.
I gave seth a haircut that actually made him have a striking resemblance to Roger and Hammerstein's Froyline Maria.






Lately we have been having an invasion. If you may be sensitive to animals perhaps do not watch this, as it is not for the faint of heart.

This is the Catwalk. where all the rats and mice in our house get most of their exercise in.

Ratatouille , or Brother Tuie as we call him was extremly bold. Yes he has passed on. But his favorite foods were: soy milk, rolls, once my pinyata..

He would come out during the day time even. I dont know why but he used to give me the chills. I love animals, but when they are worried it worries me. Sarah Beth is so fearless! Here is a little preview of how bold he is.

3 comments:

YUSTIN said...

That birthday was awesome thank you so much marni....and I really did forget I swear.

Jade said...

I love that your nephew is a toe head! He is gorgeous. Thanks for the cute pics of SB. I am so glad she had you there, you are such a good friend!

VadaMoiselle said...

"I think I'm squishing him...No no...Is he dead?...What should I do?...I'm scared...I'm getting a great shot of him!"