4.04.2009

I want to make touching commercials.

I love what Henry David Thoreau says,

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each others eyes for an instant?

It reminds me that we are all one-responsible for one another. If I hurt someone I hurt myself.


The same than must be true of the earth. When we do wrong to the earth we are only killing a piece of ourselves.


Every seed matters. Every dandelion that tickles us, every rain drop, cat, dog, moose, and person.



John Seed in Beyond Anthropocentrism said, that by identifying with the wilderness, one becomes the wilderness:

"I am protecting the rain forest" develops to "I am part of the rain forest protecting myself. I am that part of the rain forest recently emerged into thinking."

When we fully identify with a wild place, then, fighting for it becomes self-defense, which is a fundamental right.


I read on a tree hugging website of sorts, "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible".

But
Mother Teresa says : If we have no peace , it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.

What are we here for if not to
get inside each others heads?

I heard once that the blackest thing in Africa is how little is known about it. The same seems to be true with all problems.

These commercials seep into me and make me want to know what everyone feels and what I can do about it.





Stories are beautiful things. Each one is all we have left of the old world. When I walk through the isles of library I always want to know more. Sometimes I imagine author's voices screaming "Take me!" "Listen to me!" Each leather bound spine perhaps containing their only remains. Life is a constant search isnt it? It seems we can never know enough. I am so grateful for people who tell their stories. Without them we wouldn't have a clue.

I read for one of my anthropology classes that red doesn't mean anything unless its associated with something else- blood, love, a rose. Life is this way too. The more people we meet, the more stories we hear, the more meaning our lives have.






Beautiful thoughts deserve a place in the world. Theres not enough of them. The least we can do is write them down. If this can happen, something greater can. If another someone happens to pass by that good thought, not only is the thought given more space to put his feet up and exist but it is more likely, he will become a permanent resident. Thought becomes reality. Fiction becomes fact. Life becomes easier to live because someone has Lived, Thought, Wrote and Passed it on!
Lets all read more and write more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow amazing Marni! I'm glad you're have a great experience!